Sunday, October 16, 2011

Day 77, 3/18/2011

I’ve been traveling all day, I’m tired and hungry. It’s a great time to try out Fairbanks’ newest restaurant.


Side Trip, Juneau, Alaska...

My time in Glacier Bay is over, and I'm looking forward to getting home and seeing Matt and the girls. I got into Juneau early this morning, and had a few hours to kill before heading out to Anchorage, so I took a taxi from the airport to town. It is a beautiful day.


Juneau is home to the Alaskan Brewing Company, but it's a little too early in the day so they aren't open yet.


As a matter of fact, since it's still winter and not quite tourist season yet, there's not much that is open. So I'm really glad that I found the Paradise Bakery. It a funky, colorful little place with everything from Irish jigs to Sade playing on the stereo, and the owner can be heard singing to all of it from the kitchen in the back. I had the most delightful mixed berry scone and chai tea while I waited for the cab to come back. 


Mmmm, I highly recommend it. I can't wait to get home now, just a hop skip and jump from here as the crow flies (by Alaska standards, anyway).

No comments:

Post a Comment