Thursday, October 27, 2011

Day 66, 3/7/2011

All - I'm now back in Fairbanks and will begin to work on getting caught up from the last couple weeks.


Matt forgot to take his Interior picture today, but assures me he will be all over it tomorrow. In the mean time, here's a side trip to Gustavus, AK, headquarters for Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve, where I've been working on a detail for the last two weeks.


Today I travelled to Gustavus from Fairbanks on three progressively smaller planes. This is a photo I took of Juneau's Mendenhall Glacier in the air taxi from Juneau to Gustavus.

The weather in this region certainly feels a lot more like the onset of springtime than the sub zero temps I left in Fairbanks this morning.

Arriving in Gustavus, the first thing I noticed was the big coastal trees, dripping with bright green mosses and large because of all the rain they get here. My quarters for the next couple weeks are very nice, with a lovely view of the cove and the aforementioned trees, and on a clear day like this, I can also see the Fairweather Mountain Range over near the Canadian border.


My first day there ended with a great sunset over the cove.

No comments:

Post a Comment