Friday, October 21, 2011

Day 72, 3/13/2011

Snowmachiners are welcomed to use the open expanse of the Chena Flood Control plain all winter, and it looks like they’ve been wearing it out.


Side Trip, Gustavus, AK...

I woke up this Sunday morning to a light dusting of snow on the trees, and it looks like sifted powdered sugar on everything outside.


To keep me from being bored or sneaking in to the office to work today, my temporary boss, Sheri, asked me to come by her house for a while this afternoon. I was delighted to do so, not only because she has a freezer full of halibut, but also because she has a sweetheart of a German Shorthaired Pointer named A.J., and I need a doggie fix by now.

We took A.J. for a walk on the beach, which is a short trail from her house.


The sky started to clear off and the mountains were shining brightly over the neighborhood.


We even got to see a sun dog, which remarkably enough, Sheri said she'd never seen before. (I discussed sun dogs in an earlier post after I'd seen a moon dog that morning.)




No comments:

Post a Comment