Sunday, December 4, 2011

Day 28, 1/28/2011

It was really tough deciding which photo to post for today since I covered a lot of ground and had several settings and activities to choose from, but after seeing something so atypical that it actually made the newspaper, I decided to go with that one.

This morning while I was out and about, the sun started to rise. The colors were so stunning that I had to find a good spot and get some pictures. I decided the best place to get a good view would be next to the Chena Flood Control Project on top of the dike. I drove there as quickly as I could, parked at the bottom and started up the hill with my camera. I saw a man in a truck parked at the top of the hill, and thought he must be enjoying the sunrise as well. When I got to the top and looked down, I was astonished to find 10 moose grazing on the plain. One of the comments below the newspaper article indicated that the moose are there to eat oats growing in the field.

I took several pictures, and before I left, other vehicles were climbing the hill to see. Here is a link to the article: http://www.newsminer.com/pages/full_story/push?article-A+flood+of+moose+in+North+Pole%20&id=11165861&instance=blogs_editors_desk

No comments:

Post a Comment