Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day 162, 6/11/2011

I have posted half a dozen pictures from this day. It seems excessive when my goal was to find the one I liked best, but having spent all day in a beautiful spot like this mostly waiting my turn to elbow in to the honey hole, it was tough to narrow down from the hundreds of photos on my SD card.




A juvenile bald eagle perched atop a log on a gravel bar between the Klutina and Copper Rivers.


Polemonium, also known as Jacob’s Ladder, is one of the numerous picturesque species of wildflowers that naturally adorn the Alaskan wilderness.
Gulls are everywhere, taking full advantage of surplus fish parts after the filet work is done. 
The girls and I found a nice warm sandy spot to rest on and I almost felt like we were at the beach.
It’s fascinating to think about all of the different minerals that are represented in this photo, where they respectively originated, and how they all ended up together here.
This young man is trying his level best to bring in a sockeye salmon. I like to call this photo “It takes a village.”





No comments:

Post a Comment